Monday, September 10, 2007

childhood drawings #5

...what, you didn't know that one-armed cowgirl hookers were at the top of the foodchain?made out of paper, scotch tape, and christmas garland, it was the perfect holder for household goods. My mother did hang it up on the wall, beside the kitchen sink. It fell whenever you put anything into the pocket, I tried. At least this has better workmanship and engineering than the Father's Day present I made for my dad: a stuffed bookmark. Made of navy blue felt and stuffed with cotton balls. I wondered why he never used it, until he showed me. The book couldn't close. So, I watched in horror as he sliced it open, removed the cotton, then used it. He killed it.
Our neighbor Pam said I was born in the wrong generation, that I was a flower child through and through. I loved everyone. Did I ever mention that I used to create houses for the doodlebugs out of milk cartons? And sit and watch for hours until one would actually crawl inside?


Historical evidence of me & Dara's ongoing war.



what horses fantasise about... having erect pointy ears and a swollen probiscus.




A good mother always thinks things through. Look at the child, has she fed him at all?





A modern day version of this would read: Mommy I love you. I want to learn how to drive my car.






Going to great lengths to get my way. I think he did cook fish for dinner that night. I left this out on the counter for him to see after work.