Sunday, September 9, 2007

February 19 - the end, 1981

February 19
Dear Diary,
Today was a B-. When I got home from school, just then Mommy told me to babysit Joe and Valerie. She wouldn't even let me eat! I played softball with Colleen and Dara. Then I came in and took a bath & washed my hair. This week has gone by so fast! Tomorrow's already going to be Friday! Amy



February 20
Dear Diary,
Today was horrible. When I came home from school, Me & Dara had to babysit. Michelle came over & we jumped with Val. I was going to tell Mommy she was coming over & Mommy didn't already know she was already here and we were going to put Michelle outside, and right after we called over at her house & just then, she would walk in the door. But bitchy Dara spoiled it. Michelle almost had to go home cause I forgot to feed Valerie.



February 27
Dear Diary,
sorry I haven't written in you so long. Today I went to Dr. Longly & got 4 teeth pulled, then I got stitches. Amy



March 1
Dear Diary,
Jonathan loves me. I saw him at the skating rink. He asked me for couples. He's adorable! Since we're moving at the end of the year I'm going to tell him I love him. Amy


March 3
Dear Diary,
I'm not going to tell Mommy, but 1 stitch came out of my mouth. It's not bad, because it's allmost healed up. Eric...that boy likes me. I can't stand him! Yuck! He wrote me this:

(drew a sketch of a piece of notebook paper that says our names at the top, then the words "I love you")



March 9
Dear Diary,
So sorry I haven't written in you for so long!! I got 4 teeth pulled, Pres. Reagan was shot, and I got a job! Me and Sissy G. design cards for Hallmark! Amy

>note: Sissy took one of my drawings to her mom, who showed it to a friend, who had supposed connections to the greeting card industry and who had the idea of using children's art for a line of card designs. It never panned out. Nothing more was said about it. However, I repeatedly asked Sissy about it, day after day, until she had to ask me to quit asking. This brought on untold frustration in my life, planting a deep need to create greeting cards one day, just to make it happen. It finally did. At the age of 29 I designed my own strange little line, got a copier/printer, and churned them out, all on my own. Sold a few. Just enough to say I did it. Then, like with everything else, I got rid of the copier and trashed the designs. Recently my grandmother unearthed a box full of these designs, and I was about to dispose of them the other day, until my mom grabbed it and took it to her room to hide them, saying, "No!" <




March 10
Songs From Camp:

1) Weenie Man

I know a weenie man, he owns a weenie stand
He sells most anything, from hotdogs, on down the line
Someday I'll change his life
I'll be his weenie-wife
Oh how I love that weenie man!
hot dog, o boy, almond joy, what a slueth, baby ruth, humdinger butterfinger, that's all, Peter Paul


2) Ragtime Cowboy
(left this blank, abandoned song listing)




July 17
Dear Diary,
I'm ashamed that I haven't written in you for 3 months. I had an operation on my foot again. They put a metal deelybopper in. Every 2 weeks I go in and he turns them. That makes my toe long! I went to camp also, Camp Tres Rios. We had so much fun! My favorite counselor is Big Tex. I have started to develop. I don't like it either! Dr. Gray said that I'd get my period sometime this year. We moved to DeSoto on Post Oak Lane. And I'm going to go to DeSoto Intermediate. Also, I'm going to be in band. I'm going to play the flute. I got lots of new clothes. Laura came back from France a couple days ago. She's my piano teacher's grandaughter. MiYoung's coming over at 9:00 tonight. We got Veu. We're going to get cable. Love, Amy
WHOEVER IS READING THIS, I HOPE THE WORST OF YOU! But if I'm dead and you're one of those archelogists, please make me famous like Anne Frank. Just don't let my mom see it. (She might be dead, too!)




October 10
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy B.D. Dear Amy, Happy birthday to me!




November 1
Dear Diary,



December 27
Gregg's birthday






(written in the back pages:)
Hiding Places

behind the entry desk
under the entry desk
in my closet
under my bed
in Val's room
in the kitchen
in Mommy's room

People to Hide From:
Elissa, and all
Sonny & little kids



Mommy forgot to punish me for not doing my drawers neat. HA HA HA HA HA HA



Birthdays:
me 10-10
Dara 5-22
Mommy 10-17
Daddy 10-4 good buddy
Max 8-26
Valerie 6-11
Joe 9-30
Tamba ?
Simbatu 10-16