Sunday, September 9, 2007

January 13 - 18, 1981

January 13
Dear Diary,
I hate today! First of all, we had a firedrill & it got down to 40 seconds. None of us had our coats on, & it was about 40 degrees! Also, Mrs. Coughlin gave us a division math assignment. I hate division! Mommy helped me with it. Don't tell anybody, but I might attend a course at Mountain View for help on math. Also, I might like Eric, but I really don't know. I'm going to go to bed at 9:00 because I want to sleep good. (Our usual is 10:00.) See ya tomorrow, Amy


January 14
Dear Diary,
This sure was a day to remember! First of all, my 3rd grade math teacher, Sister Adriana, came back to see us. Second of all, we got a new puppy! He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, like most of all our other dogs. Poor Simba was put to sleep cause he couldn't control anything. Also he was too old. Anyway, Simbatu (the puppy) is light-brown, and soft as velour! We had to go to 2 airports to finally get it. Love, Amy


January 15
Dear Diary,
today was okay. For breakfast I had cereal. (Most of it ended up down the drain!) For lunch at school- wait a minute! Why am I telling the boring crap? Anyway, when we were getting ready to go home from school, Jennifer got hold of Jonathan's ball and Mrs. Witte said no balls are to be thrown in the classroom. Jennifer throwed it and it ended up in the trash! Love, Amy


January 16
Dear Diary,
Today we had so much homework! (Math.) Then on the radio we heard that the hostages might be released. But they weren't. Since Susie is sick, we had to go over there and help. Now I think I have the flue. My head is HOT and I have a sore throat. Mommy took my temperature and I have 101. That's the second time I've had it this year. I probably won't get to go ice-skating on Sunday. Love, "Constantly Sick"


January 17
EVERY TIME I COUGH I WILL WRITE IT DOWN.
Dear Diary, (cough-cough)
I've got a terrible chest cold! I have to take it easy all the time. Ya know what? Janie just got her period! She is in the 5th grade, just like me. Ain't it an early age? (cough) Today Mommy took me up to Joske's and I got a (cough-cough) new coat. It is so pretty! It is a light cream beidge, and it's a parka. It comes down to my waist. I had 3 tons of homework, but it is all finished. Love, (cough) Amy Catherine Sick (cough)


January 18
Dear Diary,
Today I woke up SO sick! Mommy gave me a very cold bath, and 2 thousand sponge baths! I had to stay in bed for the whole day. I'm taking horrible aspirins & medicines. You know what? The hostages are going to be released! I can't wait. That'll be a thing to write about. I'm almost done with my book- Veronica Ganz. Love, Amy