Sunday, September 9, 2007

my kind of fun

...took place, last night. For starters, my daughter was here. Then, her boyfriend Ali showed up. We sat around & talked. Went to Starbuck's, Ali's treat. We sat outside, I showed them the contents of my little dollar-store change purse. A cop car pulled up, I said that I think cops are cute. Just as he was getting out of the car, Ali said, LOUD, "I think cops are cute too, Amy!" The cop smiled at me. I turned beet red. Leah's drink made her sick, so Ali & I discussed politics, world events, Hurricane Felix, and the wretched state of American money-hungry churches while Leah went to the bathroom. Then we went to a nearby school playground, sat on the swings, continued our conversation. Talked about the invention of cars, over the years, that run on hardly anything, yet patents are denied because our nation's economy depends on oil and gas, thereby sealing our fate as modern-day slaves to the system. I looked up and noticed how beautiful the night sky was. Dark blue, faded into black, lots of stars. Saw a t-shirt in Ali's truck, he gave it to me. It was given to him by an old lady that he helps. It's camoflauge, and has three native-looking naked men on it. He was laughing at it, but I said it's the best shirt I've seen in a long time. Leah said I have no right to say what's good or bad in clothing, seeing as how all my stuff comes from thrift stores or the dollar store. She also said that every pair of my boxers and sleeping pants say "chico" on the label. I said I know, it means "small". She said no, it means "boy", and that's why they all fit funny. I never knew. Nor do I care.

That's all for today. I am officially all caught up on this new blog, now it's down to daily, current stuff. It might be boring. It might be spectacular. Who knows?