Saturday, September 8, 2007

I just found my old diary from 1981!

I was 11 years old? Or 10 & 1/2? I'm too lazy to do the math. Anyway, I'm not going to correct any of the spelling or the grammar.


January 1
Dear Diary,
I will be writing in you for a whole year, so I guess you'll have to know me good. I have shoulder-lengtht hair, (blonde), blue eyes, average height for an eleven-year-old, and just a tad of freckels. I'll wright in you tonight.

Hi! I'm sick with the flu right now. My head hurts alot. Right now I'm in bed. Daddy is putting a shelving unit up in Val & Joe's room. I took 2 aspirins tonight, and 3 vitamin C's. I put one aspirin down the drain (secretly) because they dissolve in your mouth before you swallow them. They taste terrible!



January 2
Dear Diary,
Today I seem to be doing alot better. My fever is gone and Mommy said I'm getting over the flu. Today I read Mommy's old diary. It was so funny! Someday my own kids will read this! Dara & Dawn, her friend, went ice-skating and I couldn't go. Next friday I'm going with Gretchen. I made chocolate-chip cookies while Daddy went to Ovilla. Dara and Dawn are eating spaghetti & Val is showing off like crazy! Right now I'm watching "Welcome Back Kotter". Bye- A.



January 3
Dear Diary,
Tomorrow we are going ice-skating with Gramma. I can't wait! This morning we had blueberry muffins. I had a hot-dog for lunch & a hamburger pattie for dinner. Me and Dara babysitted today. New Year's Eve I babysitted and got $10! I'm all better from the flu, but my throat still hurts. Joe is crying like crazy! Today I was sitting on the couch, and I picked a buger & put it on the couch. Then Val came along and sat on it. She wiggled and whined & wondered what that gooey thing was on her leg. It was so funny!



January 4
Dear Diary,
Today was so much fun! Gramma took me & Dara ice-skating. We stayed there (Plaza of the Americas) for 2 hours. Now every Sunday we're going there. Today I was babysitting Val & Joe, and Daddy was at Ovilla. I was walking by and looked at the window and saw a shadow at the window. I thought it was a crook but it turned out to be Daddy, trying to get in cause I locked all of the doors. I was so scared! I'm going to get my own ice-skates. I can't wait! Love- A.



January 5
DARA JUST NOW GOT HER PERIOD ! 9:15-p.m.
Dear Diary,
School started today. Today we took a test in math. It was division, so I surely didn't do good. Today was so embarrasing! I haven't shaved ANY over the holidays and my legs were so stubble. Everyone was staring at me. When I got home I shaved. I won a contest in school today where we saw who can say our spelling words the fastest. I got down to 6 seconds. I think Eric & Mike, Jon, Jason, & Bruce like me. They're always staring at me. Love- A.


January 6
Dear Diary,
Today was okay. We started a new unit in math. It's division. Today I won a contest in school. It was a contest to see who could read out the spelling words the fastest. I won a sucker. Woooo I don't have any homework. I babysat Valerie today. It's getting to be a daily pastime! I hate Tina. She thinks she's my overseer. I'm almost done with my book. Tomorrow I'll write my report. Sorry this is so boring, but it was a boring day! See you tomorrow- A.'