Monday, September 10, 2007

postcards from Uncle Mike

This is my mother's older brother, Mike. He never stayed put in one place. We received lots of interesting things in the mail from him, including Arab head things and batiks from India. He spoke several different languages including fluent German, which I tried very hard to learn but am unable to make my mouth create such bizarre sounds. Here's some of the postcards we received from him, over the years. I'm too lazy to put them in the right order though.





























































































































































































Mike died in '99, I think it was? And my sister Val hacked his email and sent this out to all his friends.



















Mike had a whole bunch of people who loved him.

































































He made this collage of himself & sent it to me. Knowing that I have relatives that are stranger than me makes me feel so much better. I love you, Uncle Mike!