Sunday, September 9, 2007

January 25 - February 8, 1981

January 25
Dear Diary,
Today was B+! First I made a cake. It was a layer cake with custard filling, and dark chocolate frosting. Then I washed my hair & took a bath. Me and Mommy went to Skagg's & got ten thousand groceries! When we got home, I helped Mommy with dinner. We had a Chineese dinner. It was so good! We had curried meatballs, and broccoly & mushrooms. I got a scripto and an erasable pen. Love, Amy


January 26
Dear Diary,
I hate Mondays! First of all, the Bobbits are always late. Then after school, me and Dara got into a fight. Then when we came home, Dara was feeding the dogs and the puppy got his hand (paw) stuck in the door and Dara tried to help get it out, it bit her. Now she has cuts all over her hands!
I had tons of math homework! For dinner we had stuffed cabbage rolls. PS- We had a dum substitute. Her name is Mrs. Beecher.


January 27
Dear Diary,
Today was fun! Again, we had dumb old Mrs. Beecher. She's about 70 years old! After school, Mommy picked me up early from school to go to the library. I checked out books on turtles for the Science fair. I made a clay model of the Statue of Liberty. It's really neat! We have to turn them in tomorrow. I think mine's the best! It's a grayish-brown. Well, see you tomorrow, Amy sorry so sloppy


January 28
Dear Diary,
Today was good. Of course, I was late for school because of the Bobbits. I had tardy hall, and forgot to report. Now it will be doubled tomorrow. I really don't care because we stay after school 30 minutes anyway. Sharon came over and toght (excuse my spelling) us how to french braid. Tomorrow morning Mommy is going to french braid me & Dara's hair. I might look stupid! Love, A.



(a few pages torn out)



January 31
Dear Diary,
Today I went to the mall with Pam. I got a bag of candy, and another Mr. Bill pin. Right now I'm spending the night with Michelle. Love, Amy


February 1
Dear Diary,
This morning we had eggs, toast, and french fries. We went skating and I saw Jonathan.


February 2
Dear Diary,
Today is the beginning of Catholic Schools Week. Everyone has to bring pictures of relatives or parents who went to a Catholic school. There are footprints made of construction paper all over the school walls, with last names of everyone on them. Jonathan loves me, and I love him. We are going steady, he is so good looking! Love, Amy


February 3
Dear Diary,
Today I did my math homework on the calculator. The teacher doesn't mind, cause she doesn't know! Ha-Ha. I just finished my book, "The Great Gilly Hopkins". It was so good! About an orphan who steals 100 dollars and runs away to her real mom. Love, Amy


February 4
Dear Diary,
Today I was assigned "Class Artist". Everyone comes around my desk at art to ask for me to do their work for them. I say no because if they never learn art, then they'll keep coming! Well, Love, bye, see ya, Amy


February 5
Dear Diary,
My friends who I eat lunch with & play with are: Leslie, Janie, Colleen, Gretchen, and Jennifer. I just found out that Jennifer is having a slumber party, and didn't invite me. They had a vote, and voted me out. They say I'm a tag-a-long. Golley, they're bitches!



(a few more pages torn out)



February 8
Dear Diary,
I found out that Eric's grandmother is friends with Aunt Mary, and the grandmom corrects our reading folders, let Mary correct some. I got a bad grade. Well, tomorrow is Monday. I hate some Mondays, but not all. Today Michelle took me to see 9 To 5 again. Starring: Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, & Dolly Parton. Love, Amy